Designing your own Christmas time – counting down to Christmas – day 9
I hope that you didn’t have a very looong week and if so, that you will have some time to relax over the weekend.
In relation to the ongoing Christmas topic on my blog, I thought that it could be a good idea to come up with some activities that you can do together with family or friends. Of course, you can meet and spend the entire day in a shopping mall or coffee shop, but it is always good to know what alternatives are waiting for you if only you will decide not to follow the same route as usual.
Do you remember some of the projects that you have done for school? The joy and the pride that you feel after finishing it. The things you produce do not have to be perfect, but you will probably agree that there is an extra value in things done by hand. Especially if you know those hands well :). For some ideas head to my Christmas diy board.
During December I planned some activities such as making a DIY star with lights with my boyfriend, baking gingerbread with my friend and her daughter, going to an escape room with my family, and making a blanket with my mom. If the projects work out you will be the first one to see them here 🙂
If you need some inspirations, I leave you with some ideas for activities.
- Spend an evening with your friends playing board games with a lot of hot chocolate
- Agree with your best friend that you will make handmade Christmas cards for each other
- Make something that will make your parents happy together with your siblings
- Sit together with someone close and write a bucket list for each other. There is no one who knows us better than our friends <3
- Homemade spa
- Winter sports
- Come up with a group present for the entire family, let’s say that you all will spend a weekend together in a small town that none of you have seen before
- Watch Christmas movies in pyjamas
- Make Christmas decorations together
- Go for a walk with your friend and find the house that is decorated in the most interesting way in your area
- Offer to help someone
- Bring a cake to a person who you always liked but for some reason lost contact with
So what do you say? Will there be time for some Christmas activities? If you decide to go for some of the ideas above or if there is something Christmasy that you plan for the weekend, let me know in the comments below.