Christmas cupcakes with apples – counting down to Christmas – day 4
Hello, I hope that you’ve had a relaxing weekend. Today, Christmas apple cupcakes appeared on our table. As you can see my decorating skills need some practice, but when it comes to the taste, I would say they are quite high on my cupcake scale.
They are fast to make, but as cupcakes usually are they are calorie heavy, so if you are currently on a diet, it would be better for you to leave this post while you still haven’t decided to make them 😉
- small spoon of cardamom
- small spoon of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 50ml oil
- 75ml natural yoghurt
- 140g sugar
- 75g brown sugar
- 140g flour
- 2 small spoons of baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 300g of apples
- 200g of cream cheese
- 100g sugar powder
- 25g brown sugar (optional)
- big spoon of cinnamon
- small spoon of vanilla sugar
- 5 – 8 big spoons of 30% cream
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Mix yoghurt, oil, brown sugar, and sugar together.
- Add spices, eggs, flour, baking powder, and salt. In the end the mixture should be relatively thick.
- Put it in muffin forms and bake for 25-30 minutes until they have a golden colour.
- When the cupcakes are cool start making the frosting. Beat the cream cheese for 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix, keeping in mind that the frosting cannot be too thin. Adjust it by the amount of cream that you add to it.
- Get creative with spreading frosting on cupcakes!
Let me know in the comments below about your favourite cake/cupcake recipes for this time of the year.
See you tomorrow!